As Operations Manager for Mackenzie Petroleum Ltd, Dawson, Yukon your primary role will be to represent Mackenzie Petroleum in all areas of the operation, to safeguard our equipment, to provide customer service, and to serve in a leadership role as representative of our company policies and procedures within the Dawson area. Establishing a solid, diverse customer base, with the assistance of the General Manager and Executive Team of the Chief Isaac Group of Companies. The following responsibilities, duties and functions are key to the positions success.
- Provide operational Management for the day-to-day Dawson operations related to yard, warehouse, and shop operations;
- Ensure site equipment is maintained and operable on a daily basis;
- Arrange procurement of fuel, and other related products and delivery to our customers;
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the Klondike area to maintain existing and generate new business for the organization’s products/services;
- Process, build, and communicate sales quotations by phone, fax and email;
- Process sales orders;
- Arranging and participate in procurement of fuel, and delivery to our customers;
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential new business;
- Participates in trade shows and conventions;
- Report monthly to the management team with respect to the core business including operational opportunities as well as challenges.
Skills and Qualifications:
Must have 5 years’ experience in related industry or leading sales or service role with an emphasis on “new” business growth. Operational experience in back country petroleum transportation as well as petroleum storage. Demonstrates aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers and vendors. Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Previous management experience required;
- Experience operating vehicles in remote off highway roadways;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven leadership ability;
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Experience creating and tracking budgets preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to safety;
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs;
- Ability to complete an 8 hour shift on constantly moving from activities ranging from desk work to more strenuous yard work;
- Ability to operate a large fuel truck for 4 hours on remote rural roads.
- Experience in Fuel Delivery / remote rural site delivery
- Experience in management and employee oversight;
- Experience in customer service and sales
CII Hiring Policy Applies (Preference will be given to a qualified Tr’ondek Hwech’in citizen)
Please submit a detailed resume to:
Michael Durham – Chief Isaac Inc.
Unit 420, 2237 -2nd Avenue,
Whitehorse YT, Y1A 0K7
Phone: 668-7917 or Fax: 668-7918
Closing Date July 1st 2016