Heavy Equipment or Automotive Technician
Chief Isaac Mechanical is a diverse mechanic shop located in Dawson City, Yukon. Our mechanic is licensed to maintain and repair vehicles of every size, including heavy duty vehicles and RVs. We are actively recruiting a Heavy Equipment or Automotive Technician to join our Team.
- Repair and perform electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical maintenance on various equipment including diesel, LPG units, electric and gas units
- Program, update, and calibrate on board control systems.
- Maintain shop tools (such as pressure washer, air compressors, forklifts, etc.).
- Diagnosing, servicing, troubleshooting and repairing mobile and stationary equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Skid steer or forklift experience would be considered an asset for this role
- Complete daily time cards.
- Order parts and shop supplies as required.
- Unload/load new and used equipment.
- Work with Manufacturers online support.
- Conduct housekeeping duties.
- When required, assist fellow employees in other departments.
- Participate in manufacturers’ and in house service training.
- Participate in all required Health & Safety Training.
- Comply with the Health & Safety program and practices.
- Performance of daily duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace.
- Comply with CIM’s policies and procedures.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work varies between indoor and outdoor work with frequent exposure to safety hazards and adverse weather conditions.
- Lift heavy object and handling materials of over 50 lbs, work at heights of 6-10 feet.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Work can be physically demanding.
- Willingness to guide and work with apprentice mechanics.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s Licence (upon hire). (The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide current drivers’ abstract to ensure safe driving record).
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s Licence with air endorsement (must be obtained within 6 months of hire).
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) certification (must be obtained within 6 months of hire).
- Transportation Dangerous Goods Certificate and WHMIS (must be obtained within 6 months of hire).
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Red Seal Certification and/or currently be registered in a related Apprenticeship program (Level 3+)
- Fundamental written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft office
- Be able to work effectively with customers and others
- Ability to operate vehicles and heavy duty equipment.
- Excellent demonstrated mechanical aptitude, analysis, problem solving skills, detail oriented
- Ability to perform a variety of complex skilled electrical and mechanical tasks in the overhaul, repair, maintenance and adjustment of motorcycles, automotive, heavy duty equipment and marine electrical systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the automotive and heavy duty mechanical trade.
- Strong knowledge of preventative maintenance
- Knowledge of regeneration systems
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Promotes respect, dependability and reliability
- Willing to work in a team environment
Wage: Based on Experience
Benefit package for permanent employees
CII Hiring Policy Applies (Preference will be given to a qualified Tr’ondek Hwech’in citizen)
Please submit a detailed resume to:
Sean Aitken – Chief Isaac Mechanical
PO Box 1110
Dawson City, YT Y0B 1G0
Closing Date: July 1, 2016
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.